What is Managed IT?
Managed IT Services is a common buzzword in the marketplace. You may have been approached about getting your San Antonio company connected with a Managed IT Company (or Managed Services Company). Before you sign up with one of these companies, you should know what a Managed IT company does (or should be doing.)
Ten Key Items a Managed Service Provider (MSP) SHOULD be doing for your company:
- Communication – Your business depends on your computers – You cannot be down for days. We understand this. Your IT company should be calling back within minutes of a critical ticket being placed, not within hours or days.
- Updating Patches and Software – A Managed IT Company should have a list of your computers and servers and know when security patches or software is updated and make sure you are protected from possible threats from viruses and malware.
- Asset Management – Do you have a current list of all your IT equipment, phones, tablets, laptops, printers, etc? A company managing your IT should help you manage assets and let you know if there are missing devices
- Data Backup and Recovery – Does your San Antonio business have a data backup and disaster recovery solution? Have you actually tested it? Do you know what would happen if your building had a flood or a fire? Working with a managed IT company, this should be taken care of for you.
- Cost Saving Technology Solutions – A managed IT Company should be looking at your technology today and see if there are ways to save money for your company. This could mean consolidation, virtualization, or applying newer technology like Hybrid Voip or Virtualization.
- Remote Access – Business is done from coffeeshops, hotspots, home and many other places than just the office. Your managed IT company should be able to help you login to your system from anywhere
- Accountability – When you place a ticket into the system, there should be a chain of events set off. You should be able to look at response times. We publish our stats on our homepage as we know transparency increases accountability. We work for you and want to make sure we are responsive to your needs.
- Constant Monitoring – Managed IT means the company you hire knows more about your network than you do. Monitoring can let the company know a hard drive is starting to fail before it fails and causes a nightmare. If a service is not responding, we generally will know and fix it before you even know the problem existed.
- Consistent Costs – Managed IT means you get to work with a company on a fixed cost per user to get all the support and repairs you need. No worries about an expensive server repair, that is covered under the agreement when you cover your whole IT ecosystem to ENTRUST.
- Optimization – Your IT should be optimized. This means that systems work to their potential as well as working well together. If something is dragging down your speed, a network technician will figure out how to remove that roadblock.
If your managed IT company in San Antonio is not providing at least these benefits to your company, we should talk. Our specialty is working with organizations who have between 10 and 300 users that depend upon and value information technology services in San Antonio.