5 Text Message Protocol Rules for Medical Businesses
1. Ensure that the text messages concerning treatment are added to the patient’s medical record prior to being deleted from the business mobile phone.
2. Always contain consent from patients before using texting as a form of communication. Some patients will not want to receive or send text messages with their health service providers.
3. Ensure that the mobile devices used by your business are registered by the business alone. This will ensure that no employees use them for personal use.
4. Ensure that all messages are completely erased from a mobile phone that is going to be discarded.
5. Always use professional language and grammar when contacting patients via text message. Never send extremely sensitive information with this communication medium.
For more information on how you can employ these text message policies and more smart IT solutions, contact ENTRUST, one of the leading IT service providers in San Antonio, Texas. Talk to a supervisor to get more information and a consultation for your business.