Sharepoint has been a boon for enterprises looking to collaborate and share data, and with all the power Sharepoint has, it has to be set up properly and connected correctly to leverage all the benefits of Sharepoint.
Some of Sharepoint’s benefits include:
- Intranet portals – this is like the internet, but only your company has access.
- Document and File Management – This would include revision controls, check in – check out, etc
- Centralized Admin – Control many data points, all with one central portal. Monitor farms, perform backups, restrict and grant access, upgrade and change configs.
- Collaboration – Different users can collaborate on the same document, but without the risk of overwriting. Also, if an employee is terminated, their whole access can be revoked rather than there being a weak point in a specific folder.
- Security – Sharepoint can have security set at list level, file level, folder or farm levels. You control who has access to what.
- Ease of Use – Yes there is a bit of a learning curve, but if you are used to Microsoft suites, it is a pretty fast to learn.
With proper setup from our Sharepoint consulting team, we can help you build out your system to protect your data both from internal and external threats. We have Microsoft Certified engineers with vast Sharepoint implementation experience.
Give us a call to see how our San Antonio Sharepoint Experts can help your business!