People who want more from their technology
Find out how using the cloud can transform your business operations and help you win.
We are experts in Microsoft products. From servers to Windows 10, we can help.
We can do projects or manage your whole IT infrastructure. We help you do everything you don’t want to do or are not able to do.
Have lots of users to support? We help enterprise level clients with both carryover support as well as full service managed CareDesk™ Support.
“It would be difficult to overstate the confidence we have in Mitch Sowards and Entrust, and the degree to which we rely on them. Our history goes back over 15 years, and I can truly state that in all that time, Mitch has never let us down. Our business has expanded dramatically, and Mitch has been with us every step of the way providing technical guidance and support in the selection and installation of new hardware and software. I have always appreciated the balanced, in depth approach Mitch takes to the new technological issues we face. His advice goes beyond computers, and encompasses the full range of issues we deal with: telecommunications, internet, video teleconference, etc. But the greatest tribute I can pay to Mitch’s work is to say that I actually sleep better at night, knowing that we can rely on his support and advice on backup and preventive maintenance. I will be glad to provide further details on request.”
John R. Heard
Heard & Smith, LLP
“If I ever end up in a foreign jail I’m not calling home – I’m calling ENTRUST Urgent Support because I am guaranteed a response!! Here’s what happened:
It was an exhausting day yesterday and I called after hours support about a problem swapping the backup drive. After leaving a message I tried the process again and it worked. Unfortunately I had left my cell phone at home. When I got home I found I had at least 4-5 messages from Ed trying to reach me! When I got to the office the next day I also had a couple of message on my office voicemail from Ed. Just wanted you to know how diligent Ed was in trying to reach me – thanks for running a great shop!”
Hornberger, Sheehan, Fuller & Beiter
“IT outsourcing has been a widely discussed problem for the medium sized company. For such a company the technological challenges can be enormous, yet the typical budget does not allow for full-time, in-house IT support. After 15-years of various solutions, Entrust has been like a breath of oxygen for us. We have found that your pro-active approach to system issues has helped us anticipate issues before they become crippling. When the inevitable surprise arises, your response times and resolution skills have been excellent. We thank you for your service.”
“Computers are a necessary evil in the modern world…you can’t live with them, but you certainly can’t live without them! Mitch Sowards and The Entrust Gang have made our lives 200% better! We went through quite a few IT advisers until we met Mitch, and it was a lucky day. I can’t say that we never have problems…some of them are pretty unique and interesting…but Entrust has not met a problem that they have not remedied! I would highly recommend the entire group and would be happy to talk to you in person if you are considering working with Entrust.”
Susan H. Parrish
Parrish & Company, Inc.
“I cannot imagine “entrusting” our network to any other company. Entrust has taken care of all our IT needs for the past 8+ years and we have always been more than satisfied. The staff is knowledgeable and professional and a pleasure to work with. I can’t say enough about their reliability and professionalism. We have never had a need they did not respond to. I am especially pleased with their Managed Services. Now I have the peace of mind that comes with knowing our system is being monitored daily and upgraded routinely. This has really freed up my time so I can focus on the tasks where my contributions are most valuable.”
“After 33 years in business, there is reason to celebrate. I can finally plan several vacations a year. Talented, trusted employees have always been capable of managing my business during my absence – but not until ENTRUST took over management of our IT function was the circle complete. I am free to travel because I have confidence that my talented people can remain focused on what they do so well. I relax in the knowledge that ENTRUST has developed a carefully planned IT system that is being proactively managed and monitored. Should any unexpected IT issue occur, ENTRUST will react to meet the challenge.”
Robert R. Burkey, CPA, President
Randall Burkey Co., Inc.
“The whole Entrust team takes pride in service and customer satisfaction, and it shows every time they come to our office or provide remote support. We operate with a small corporate staff, but we have locations around the world. We know that our offsite users can depend on being able to access our system whether they are here in the US, in the Middle East or Europe because the Entrust remote monitoring gives us peace of mind. It allows us to focus on our BUSINESS instead of our IT.”
Lori Gonzalez, CPA
Chief Financial Officer
Selrico Services and affiliate
“We couldn’t function without you. Your customer service is exemplary and keeps us up and running….thanks to you and your crew, Mitch!”
Touchstone Communities, Inc.
What is Managed IT?
Managed IT Services is a common buzzword in the marketplace. You may have been approached about getting your San Antonio company connected with a Managed IT Company (or Managed Services Company). Before you sign up with one of these companies, you should know what a Managed IT company does (or should be doing.)
Ten Key Items a Managed Service Provider (MSP) SHOULD be doing for your company:
- Communication – Your business depends on your computers – You cannot be down for days. We understand this. Your IT company should be calling back within minutes of a critical ticket being placed, not within hours or days.
- Updating Patches and Software – A Managed IT Company should have a list of your computers and servers and know when security patches or software is updated and make sure you are protected from possible threats from viruses and malware.
- Asset Management – Do you have a current list of all your IT equipment, phones, tablets, laptops, printers, etc? A company managing your IT should help you manage assets and let you know if there are missing devices
- Data Backup and Recovery – Does your San Antonio business have a data backup and disaster recovery solution? Have you actually tested it? Do you know what would happen if your building had a flood or a fire? Working with a managed IT company, this should be taken care of for you.
- Cost Saving Technology Solutions – A managed IT Company should be looking at your technology today and see if there are ways to save money for your company. This could mean consolidation, virtualization, or applying newer technology like Hybrid Voip or Virtualization.
- Remote Access – Business is done from coffeeshops, hotspots, home and many other places than just the office. Your managed IT company should be able to help you login to your system from anywhere
- Accountability – When you place a ticket into the system, there should be a chain of events set off. You should be able to look at response times. We publish our stats on our homepage as we know transparency increases accountability. We work for you and want to make sure we are responsive to your needs.
- Constant Monitoring – Managed IT means the company you hire knows more about your network than you do. Monitoring can let the company know a hard drive is starting to fail before it fails and causes a nightmare. If a service is not responding, we generally will know and fix it before you even know the problem existed.
- Consistent Costs – Managed IT means you get to work with a company on a fixed cost per user to get all the support and repairs you need. No worries about an expensive server repair, that is covered under the agreement when you cover your whole IT ecosystem to ENTRUST.
- Optimization – Your IT should be optimized. This means that systems work to their potential as well as working well together. If something is dragging down your speed, a network technician will figure out how to remove that roadblock.
If your managed IT company in San Antonio is not providing at least these benefits to your company, we should talk. Our specialty is working with organizations who have between 10 and 300 users that depend upon and value information technology services in San Antonio.
One of the reasons we love being in business is because we love helping other companies learn how to be more efficient and run there operations in a more excellent way.
If your company has several hundred employees and would love to have an IT team who can scale with the needs of your organization, Entrust Technology Consulting can help.
We are asked frequently how we feel about Windows 10. Honestly, we love it. There is a uniformity of experience we believe most people will really appreciate.